These individuals appreciate the importance of supporting local arts & crafts. Beyond the expensive forms of ‘wall art’ an abundance of fine crafts still exist (in some cases “only just”) within many local communities.
1. Locally made pottery is unique. One or two individuals (often husbands & wives) work hard to create pieces that are unique. Every single piece is turned by hand and therefore one-of-a-kind.
2. Locally made pottery is beautiful and of outstanding quality. Each potter takes great pride in their work. Many local potters have their work in national galleries and major collections but you can still find them at your local craft studio.
3. Locally made pottery is affordable and prices often do not reflect the skills and time spent creating the work. Take a moment to check out prices at your local arts & crafts stores – you will be pleasantly surprised.
4. Locally made pottery is Green! By using little transportation, packaging or advertising and by involving local skills greatly helps reduce the carbon footprint.
5. Locally made pottery helps your local community by supporting the hard learned skills of local crafts people and retaining your $ in the community.
6. Locally made pottery adds unique style to a home and reflects your confidence, good taste and concern for the environment.
Side Street Studio represents over 320 local artists and has been supporting local arts & crafts for over 26 years. Our web site www.sidestreetstudio.com has over 2000 pages! of artists’ work and is the largest of its kind in Canada.